Specialised Project Management Group are looking for a new Project Manager to join our small but growing team.
Company Profile: Specialised Project Management Group (Specialised PM or SPM) are specialist consultants who focus on projects associated with Building Services and Engineering. These include;
- Infrastructure and Building Services Masterplans, which typically results in ongoing works as a result of the development of such plans
- Plant and Equipment Upgrades (Chiller Replacements / Upgrades)
- Infrastructure and equipment Upgrades – Switchboard Upgrades and Substation relocations
- Technology replacements / upgrades such as SCADA Replacements or BAS Upgrades
- Overseeing the trouble shooting of major projects that have not achieved their desired outcomes
- NABERS/Greenstar and Building Services Design Management on behalf of Builders, sitting within and guiding their teams
SPM are also engaged to carry out more traditional projects such as fit-outs, new developments, and construction projects however our business is recognised as delivery experts in relation to Building Services Engineering
Our key clients include.
- University and Educational Institutions
- Shopping Centre and Real Estate Trusts
- Integrated Resorts
- Developers and Builders
- Private Clients
Overview of the role
- Lead and manage complex technical projects and programs as the key client interface
- Developing working relationships, problem solving and driving projects to successful completion
- Manage the design process to achieve the client’s requirements and manage expectations
- Reviewing project plans and specifications, scheduling, costs saving measures, discrepancies, potential construction problems, etc.
- Managing project timelines, risks and reporting
- Managing project budgets and advising on options to keep budget on track
- Chairing project meetings with clients and consultants
- Being engaged with marketing and business development initiatives
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A recognised Degree qualification relating to a technical field: Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management
- 5-7 years industry experience working on a range of different technical projects within the Australian Market
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Advanced Microsoft skills are essential
- Technical ability to lead and manage complex projects and programs as the key client interface
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and develop a team.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple stakeholders while providing outstanding customer service
- Industry presence and reputation
- Experience or background in Building Services and related disciplines with a preference in the fields of Mechanical or Electrical Services, an ability to be a Registered Building Practitioner desirable but not essential
- An Australian Citizen
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Specialised Project Management Group understands the need to provide the right salary to ensure we attract the best candidates.
Please click the link here to download a detailed position description including a set of application questions in PDF format.
All applications must be sent via email only to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Specialised Project Management Group does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our team or hiring managers from external agencies. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.